The Office of Event Management is responsible for all events at Canisius College that are not religious, academic, or athletic in nature. The Student Assistant will help the professional staff to ensure that all events run smoothly. The student will help manage the operational needs and requirements for these events by providing support within the Office of Event Management for day-to-day operations and event production.
A Student Assistant for the Office of Event Management will assist in three main areas, the Office, the Game Room, and Setup Shift.
- Become familiar with all office procedures.
- May be responsible for opening and/or closing the office.
- Provide customer service to the campus community as well as outside clients.
- Answer phone calls and use the copier, fax machine, and printer.
- Use the Campus Web Calendar.
- May be responsible for opening and closing the Game Room, which is a facility where students can play pool, ping pong, air hockey, and foosball.
- Take inventory of the Game Room equipment.
- Monitor the facility throughout their shift, and ensure that students sign equipment in and out.
- Fill out Damage Reports for broken equipment.
- Accountable for doing setups for events that take place in the Penfold Commons.
- Look at the event schedule and review what events will be taking place during that shift.
- Complete setups for events in a variety of buildings on the Canisius College campus.
- Doing a setup may entail moving tables, chairs, and media, when necessary.
For more information please contact our office at (716) 888-2180 or fill out the below form (Please see our hours of operation prior to applying.)