Richard J. Wehle
School of Business
Welcome to the Richard J. Wehle School of Business. We have a proud history of offering distinguished business programs at the undergraduate and master’s levels. From the modest beginnings of a few “commercial” courses in the early 1900’s the school has grown to offering nine undergraduate majors and five graduate programs.
Here are a few facts about the Wehle School which you might not know:
- Our accounting students have consistently achieved some of the highest pass rates in the country on the CPA exam, and on a number of occasions finished first in New York State.
- Our finance students have the opportunity to be student fund managers of a $300,000 investment fund in a state-of-the-art financial markets lab.
- Students in our Enactus program have regularly won regional competitions and finished in the top 16 in national competitions.
- Our Entrepreneurship students have won the best chapter award in national competition five times. This program is supported by an advisory board of successful entrepreneurs who regularly share their expertise and experience with our students as mentors.
- The College’s chapter of the American Marketing Association has been regularly recognized nationally as a “Chapter of Distinction” for its professional development programming. The chapter frequently wins awards in competitions at the National AMA Collegiate conference and it enjoys broad based support from the local business community.
- Students have opportunities to act as consultants for small businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- As part of our Jesuit tradition, students in the Richard J. Wehle School of Business enjoy numerous opportunities to make a difference in the lives of others while gaining valuable, real-world business experience through course-based service learning projects. These projects allow students to contribute to the economic development and quality of life in the region, by working directly with charitable, human service, civic and cultural organizations as well as small businesses.
- Our school is named for Richard J. Wehle, a business leader in Western New York. Mr. Wehle, a graduate of the Wharton School, was so impressed with the quality of our school that he made a major endowment gift.
- We are accredited by AACSB International; the premier accrediting agency for business programs in the world. We have been accredited longer than any other private business school in Western New York.
- We regularly meet with nearly 100 business leaders in our area to insure that our students graduate with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their careers.
So I invite you to explore our website, speak with us over the phone or tour our campus to learn more about the Richard J. Wehle School of Business and what we have to offer.
Richard A. Shick, Ph.D.
The Richard J. Wehle School of Business develops business professionals to lead within their organizations, to excel in the globally competitive marketplace and to behave as ethically and socially responsible individuals. This is achieved through teaching excellence, intellectual vigor and community involvement in the Jesuit tradition.
Learning Goals and Objectives
Click here for the School of Business Learning Goals and Objectives.