WNY Prosperity Fellowship
The Western New York Prosperity Fellowship Program was established by the Prentice Family Foundation to provide unique educational and career opportunities for students in financial need as well as to have a positive impact on job creation and economic development in Western New York.
The fellowships are intended for juniors, seniors and graduate students who are committed to the Western New York community and are preparing for careers that will further economic development and job growth, particularly in the Western New York region. A student’s entry credential is a demonstrated commitment through the selection of a major or co-curricular activities that indicate an interest in economic development and job growth. In addition, each applicant must commit to work in Western New York for two years at some point within a decade of attaining his/her degree.
All items below are required for your application to be considered "complete."
Complete applications are due by February 15.
**Both applications require the upload of one letter of recommendation, a resume, and a self nominating letter.
The self-nominating letter should include the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your commitment to Western New York
- Relevant experience, civic and leadership potential
- How you will actively, upon graduation, contribute to the region's future
- Address your intended future professional plans and how those plans will actively contribute to the economic growth and prosperity of Western New York. Please be specific about how your plans will relate to job growth in Western New York.
2) Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA Form by March 1st. Click here to access the FAFSA website.