WNY Prosperity Fellows Eligibility and Requirements
Undergraduates entering their junior or senior years in the School of Business, continuing Graduate Business Students, and new One Year and Evening MBA students may qualify for the Western New York Prosperity Fellowship.
Students must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FASFSA). Scholarship range from $15,000 to $20,000.
1. US citizenship or eligible permanent resident and attending school full-time.
2. Undergraduate – Must be entering Junior or Senior year with an undergraduate CGPA of at least a 2.7.
Graduate – Continuing student in a Graduate Business Program with a cumulative graduate GPA of at least a 3.0, must not graduate before May 2016.
One Year or Evening MBA accepted student for Fall 2015 with undergraduate CGPA of at least a 3.0 and GMAT on file.
3. A demonstrated interest in and ability to have a positive impact on job creation and economic development in WNY.
4. Must participate in a paid credit-bearing internship over the summer of 2015 for Undergraduate Students and continuing Graduate Business Students. Accepted One Year and Evening MBA Students for Fall 2015 will participate in the internship in Summer 2016. Internship experiences will be limited to a WNY organization related to job growth and sustainability of the WNY Economy. The Canisius Career Center will work with you and local employers to locate an internship site
5. Must have financial need as demonstrated by completing the 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The form is located at FAFSA.gov. The Canisius College Title IV code for the FAFSA is 002681. It is recommended that FAFSA form be completed by March 15, 2015.
6. If selected as a possible candidate, a student will need to come on campus for an interview with the WNY Prosperity Scholarship Selection Committee.
7. Individuals that are awarded the WNY Prosperity Fellowship must provide Canisius with updated contact information up to 10 years after graduation. Occasionally, the fellowship foundation is interested in contacting former award winners.