WNY Prosperity Fellows Eligibility and Requirements
Undergraduates entering their junior or senior years in any major, continuing Graduate Business Students, and Graduate Business student accepted for fall.
1. US citizenship and eligible permanent resident.
2. Attending school full-time
3. Undergraduate – Must be entering Junior or Senior year.
Graduate – Continuing student in a Graduate Business Program (must not graduate before
May 2017) and Graduate Business students accepted for Fall.
4. A demonstrated interest in and ability to have a positive impact on job creation and economic development in WNY.
5. Must participate in a paid credit-bearing internship over the summer 2016 for Undergraduate Students and continuing Graduate Business Students. Accepted Graduate Business Students for Fall will participate in the internship in the Summer 2017. Internship experiences will be limited to a WNY organization related to job growth and sustainability of the WNY Economy.
6. A completed 2016-2017 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The form is located at FAFSA.gov. The Canisius College Title IV code for the FAFSA is 002681. It is required that FAFSA form be completed by March 1.
7. If selected as a possible candidate, a student will need to come on campus for an interview with the WNY Prosperity Fellowship Selection Committee.
8. Individuals that are awarded the WNY Prosperity Fellowship must provide Canisius with updated contact information up to 10 years after graduation. Occasionally, the fellowship foundation is interested in contacting alumni fellows.