Designated courses that enable students to develop an understanding of the multicultural character of the United States by giving attention to the cultural differences within the United States in many areas of society.
Courses designated as Diversity may have more learning objectives in addition to those associated with the Core.
Goals & Objectives
Goal: Student will demonstrate an understanding of the diverse and multicultural character of the United States with regard to variables such as social class, race, gender, ethnicity or religion.
- (1A) Identify variables that constitute a diverse and multicultural United States.
- (1B) Recognize the impact of the variables on the American experience.
- (1C) Articulate the interplay of these variables on the American experience.
Goal: Students will analyze the diverse and multicultural American experience.
- (2A) Examine how variables are socially constructed.
- (2B) Distinguish how the power structure in America affects diverse groups.
- (2C) Compare and contrast the varied experiences of individuals within American society.
|ENG 225||Journey in American Literature|
|ENG 339||Southern Literature and Culture|
|ENG 368||Native American Literature|
|ENG 382||African American Literature|
|FAH 103||Survey Pre-Colum/Native Am Art|
|FAM 124||America’s Music|
|FAM 213||Women in Music|
|FRC 454||Heritages Francophones|
|HIS 123||US History to Reconstruction|
|HIS 124||US History 1877 to Present|
|HIS 125||The American Story: The Early Years|
|HIS 126||The American Story: The Later Years|
|HIS 235||Jamestown/Yorktown: Making US|
|HIS 236||Washington-Lincoln: American Democracy|
|HIS 237||The Making of Modern America, 1865-1920|
|HIS 242||The Family in American History|
|HIS 254||First Peoples|
|PED 354||Adapted Physical Education|
|PED 355||Disability Sports|
|RST 240||Jewish Religious Thought and Practice|
|SOC 111||Social Problems|
|SPE 432||Seminar in Teaching & Assessment: Special Ed/Childhood|
*Course offerings subject to change. Courses shown above may not be offered regularly.