Accounting Information Systems
Brian Almendinger '13, MBA '14 talks about how the Accounting program at Canisius has helped him land two internships.
Get wired for a career in Accounting Information Systems
Today’s global marketplace requires more complex, real-time financial advice and services. The Accounting Information Systems (AIS) program at Canisius meets these rapidly developing technology needs to prepare students for careers in this growing field.
The state-of-the-art AIS program bridges the gap between accounting and information technology. Graduates go on to careers in technical positions, such as information systems auditors, and secure high-paying jobs within public accounting firms, financial institutions and in the government and non-profit sectors.
Highlights of the Accounting Information Systems major at Canisius include:
- Canisius boasts the #1 large-sized accounting program in New York State, based on CPA exam results
- Students have the flexibility to dual major in accounting by taking only a few additional courses
- Our students are in high demand by employers and obtain high-paying salaries shortly after graduation
- Our students acquire work experience, for pay, while in school and during the summer
- Close interaction with faculty is built into the culture of the department
- The Department of Accounting awards merit- and need-based scholarships to qualified accounting majors
- Students receive professional advice from the Council on Accountancy, a group of more than 50 accounting and financial executives who work to provide quality educational and professional opportunities for students