Canisius Has a Nationally Ranked Accounting Major
(that means finding a job after graduation is pretty easy!)
Canisius is the first place many employers call when they are looking for accounting graduates. That’s because the Canisius accounting program has earned an international reputation for the high quality of its courses and the success of its graduates. Our graduates often rank first in New York State for pass rates in the audit section of the CPA exam, and fourth in New York State for financial accounting and reporting and regulation sections.
Highlights of the Accounting major at Canisius include:
- 90% job placement in the field or admission to graduate school within 4 months after graduation.
- Our students acquire work experience, for pay, while in school and during the summer.
- Close interaction with faculty and high performance on CPA exams are built into the culture of the department.
- An endowment of $4 million, which awards over $300,000 in scholarships annually.
- The Council on Accountancy, a group of more than 50 accounting and financial executives, serves as advisors to the department. They work closely with faculty to provide quality educational and professional opportunities for students.
- The 150-hour program options end with your receiving an MBA in Accounting or Professional Accounting in just five years. You’ll start taking graduate level courses in the senior year of your undergraduate studies to get a head start.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor