Graduate Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to master’s degree program, candidates must submit the following items:
- A completed Canisius graduate admissions application. Apply online.
- One official college and/or university transcript(s) showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Transcripts may be sent to you or directly to Canisius College by your institution. If sent to you, they will be in a sealed envelope that should be forwarded to us unopened.
- Two letters of recommendation are required for programs in the School of Education and Human Services and the Office of Professional Studies. Letters may be from academic or work-related references. Letters of recommendation are not required for programs in the Richard J. Wehle School of Business or the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Other requirements vary by program. Please refer to the web site for your program of interest for specific requirements.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- A transcript evaluation (1 official copy) from a service such as World Evaluation Services which converts your degree into U.S. equivalents, i.e. degree equivalent, grades, course credits, etc. We may also accept the evaluation from other organizations providing this service.
- International applicants who are citizens of non-english speaking countries are required to provide:
- Proof of English proficiency. The most common means is submission of an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. See program web sites for requirements.
The mailing address for all admission materials is listed below. When possible, we recommend collecting all materials and sending to us in one package, e.g., transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Deadlines: Applications are processed on a rolling basis as they are received for each of our start terms. Although most programs do not have deadlines, we recommend submitting all application materials at least 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin for US students. Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you prefer a paper application, you may download forms here and/or contact the Graduate Admissions Office to request information and receive an application with the information packet that will be mailed to you. Contact us toll free at 800-950-2505 or locally at 716-888-2545. You may also email us at GradAdmissions@canisius.edu.
Once accepted, your place in the program will be reserved by accepting your offer of admission by following the instructions on your acceptance letter.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, you must complete a Re-admit Form. Once the online form is received and processed, you will be able to register for class. Feel free to contact us, toll free at 800-950-2505 or locally at 716-888-2545, if you need assistance. You may also email us at GradAdmissions@canisius.edu.
Contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about the graduate programs at Canisius College.