Accepted Students

Accepted Students

Accepted Student Timeline

Now that you have been accepted for admission, you may be wondering what to do next. The following checklist will help guide you and your family through the remainder of the process.

Before You Pay Your Deposit

Financial Aid

Canisius recommends that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at  by February 15. Remember to use the Canisius FAFSA Code -- 002681. You will need a PIN number to process the FAFSA on the Web, which you can obtain now at Your PIN number serves as your electronic signature on the FAFSA. If you file the FAFSA by February 15, you can expect to receive your financial aid award letter by early March.

Music/Arts Scholarships

If you plan to apply for Canisius’ music, dance or art scholarships, be sure to file the application by the recommended deadlines in January or February. Visit our music and studio arts scholarship page for more information.

MLK Scholarship

If you would like to apply for the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship, you will need to do so by January 2017. Visit our scholarship page for more information about the MLK scholarship.

Accepted Student Events

Make sure to take advantage of all the visit opportunities for accepted students. This is your chance to meet your future classmates, check out housing opportunities, talk to professors about your plans really see what it will be like to be a Canisius College student!

Pay Your Deposit

Send your tuition (and housing) deposit to Canisius once you have made your decision to enroll and no later than May 1, the National Candidates’ Reply Date Agreement. Your deposit is non-refundable after this date. Housing and orientation preferences are prioritized based on the date your deposit is received. Click here to pay your deposit online. To do so you will need your User ID and password that you received with your acceptance letter.

After You Pay Your Deposit


If you are planning to live on campus, the first thing you should do after you pay your deposit is fill out the online housing preference form. Housing preference is based on deposit date.

Class Selection

You are also eligible to fill out the online course preference form after you pay your deposit. The Office of Student Advisement uses the information you provide on this form to prepare a tentative fall semester schedule of classes for you. The schedule is mailed to you prior to orientation; during orientation you will have an opportunity to discuss your schedule with your advisor and make any necessary changes. The online course preference form will be available after March 1. An e-mail will be sent to all deposited freshmen when the online course preference form is available.


Inside of the welcome brochure in your acceptance packet, you will find information about orientation. Canisius hosts an orientation session for incoming freshmen to get to know other members of your class, learn about offices and services on campus and become familiar with campus and your home away from home. You will be able to register for orientation online once your deposit is paid, beginning April 15.

Health Forms

Once you have paid your deposit, you will be able to access the physical examination and immunization forms needed to complete prior to your enrollment. Please note that your physical must be current, which means that it must have been performed within six months of your first day of class (March 1 or after). The college also requires proof of all updated immunizations, which is explained in more detail on the form. More information is available on the New Student website mentioned above.

High School Completion

You graduated from high school. Way to go! Please forward an official final high school transcript verifying your graduation. Please remember that this is required to certify your enrollment as well as certain types of financial aid. All transcripts should be sent to the Canisius College Office of Admissions, 2001 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14208.

AP, IB & College Credits

If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) coursework, you will need to have official exam score reports sent to the college. For college-level courses taken through your high school, you will need to have official transcripts sent from the college awarding the credit. For more information about to whom these documents should be sent as well as detailed information about the college's policies about credits for these courses, please visit the the GRIFF Center website.

Accepted Student Links

Accepted Student Homepage
Offices & Services
Get Connected