Are you a high school junior or senior looking to take college courses before you graduate?
Consider the Explore Canisius program, which enables you to take up to ten college courses between your junior and senior years of high school for only a fraction of the tuition cost. Here are some of the key benefits:
Get first-hand college experience with real college professors on a real college campus.
- Tuition is $300 per course plus books
- One-on-one academic advisement
- Access to all support services available to full-time Canisius students
- Complete some Canisius majors in three years, including communication studies, criminal justice, English, political science, psychology and several others**
How to Apply
- Complete and return the Explore Canisius Application.
- Send in an official copy of your high school transcript along with any standardized tests you have taken (SAT, ACT, PSAT or PLAN).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor.
Students will be considered for the Explore Canisius Program with a high school average of at least B or better. Standardized test scores and letters of recommendation will also be considered. Students may also submit an essay expressing their interest in the program.
Submit all materials to:
Office of Admissions
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Course Offerings for Fall 2015
|ANT 230||Intro to Archaeology||MWF 1:00-1:50 PM|
|ARBC 103||Intro to Arabic||MW 3:00-4:15 PM|
|CHI 103||Intro Chinese||TR 4:00 - 5:15 PM|
|CLS 207||Mythology and Literature||TR 1:00-2:15 PM|
|COM 203||Writing for the Public Media||TR 3:00-4:15 PM|
|DMA 218||Motion Graphics||TR 1:00-2:15 PM|
|EDY 208||Infant/Toddler Care||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
|EGR 111||Intro to Engineering Design||TR 2:30-5:30 PM|
|ENG 202||Drama||MWF 2:00-2:50 PM|
|EVST 110||Science of Environmental Problems I||TR 4:00-5:15 PM|
|EVST 250||Nature Culture & Interpretation||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
|EVST 259||Environmental History||M 6:00 - 8:45 PM|
|FAM 115||Fundamentals of Music||MW 3:00-4:15 PM|
|HIS 106||The Medievel World||MW 4:30-5:45 PM|
|HIS 107||History of Europe 1500-1815||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
|HSV 200||Intro to Human Services||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
|PHI 101||Intro to Philosophy||TR 1:00-2:15 PM|
|PSC 103||The American Constitution||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
|PSY 101||Intro to Psychology||TR 1:00-2:15 PM|
|RST 101||Intro to Religion||MWF 2:00-2:50 PM|
|RST 101||Intro to Religion||MW 3:00-4:15 PM|
|RST 101||Intro to Religion||TR 2:30-3:45 PM|
If you have any questions about the Explore Canisius program please contact us by calling Phil Ciallela 716-888-2214.