Are you a high school junior or senior looking to take college courses before you graduate?
Consider the Explore Canisius program, which enables you to take up to five college courses between your junior and senior years of high school for only a fraction of the tuition cost.
Get first-hand college experience with real college professors on a real college campus.
- Tuition is $300 per course plus books
- Access to all support services available to full-time Canisius students
- Explore Canisius students are eligible to enroll in 2 courses per semester and complete a total a 5 courses or 15 credit hours overall.
How to Apply
- Print, complete and return the Explore Canisius application
- Send in an official copy of your high school transcript
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor, administrator, or teacher
- Submit any standardized tests scores (SAT, ACT, PSAT or PLAN) *optional
- Submit an essay explaining you would like to enroll *optional
All application materials must be received two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Students will be considered for the Explore Canisius Program with a high school average of at least B or better. Standardized test scores and letters of recommendation will also be considered. Students may also submit an essay expressing their interest in the program.
Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by mail and email. Once accepted, an admissions counselor will reach out to confirm the course, day and time you wish to enroll in. First time students will be required to attend a short orientation prior to the start of classes.
Submit all materials to:
Office of Admissions: EXPLORE CANISIUS
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
If you have any questions about the Explore Canisius program please contact us by calling the Admissions Office at 716-888-2200.