Senior Year of High School
- Fill out the Canisius College application for admission and submit it to your high school counselor so they can add your official high school transcript. Allow adequate time for processing. When you send the completed application and supporting materials, including SAT/ACT scores, you will automatically be considered for an academic merit scholarship.
- Beginning October 1st, file the FAFSA to be considered for all forms of financial aid available at Canisius. We recommend you file the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov for the fastest processing time. The Canisius FAFSA code is 002681.
- Watch the mail for your admission decision letter and academic merit scholarship notification.
- If you are interested in playing an NCAA Division I sport at Canisius, fill out the NCAA Clearinghouse registration form, available online or at your guidance office.
- Attend fall open house to learn about Canisius’ diverse academic programs, student life opportunities, admission and financial aid.
- Talk with one of our representatives during a college fair or visit to your high school.
- Apply for one of our specialized scholarships.
- If you intend to apply for Canisius’ music or art scholarships, be sure to do so by the appropriate deadlines in January or February. More about the scholarships and online application may be found online.
- Watch the mail for your financial aid award. Read the award letter carefully and contact the Office of Student Financial Aid with questions. Call toll free at 1-800-541-6348 or locally at (716) 888-2300.
- Attend one of our many events for accepted students. Invitations to these events are sent by mail and more information can be found at www.canisius.edu/accepted.
- Your tuition ($200) and housing deposits ($200) are due by May 1 to reserve your seat at Canisius. Housing and orientation assignments are prioritized based on date of deposit, so we recommend you send your deposit as soon as you have made the decision to enroll. Deposits may be sent to the Office of Admissions. You may also pay your deposit by credit card online or by phone at 1-800-843-1517 or (716) 888-2200.
- If you haven't done so already, make an appointment to visit Canisius.
- If you are not already receiving information from Canisius by regular mail or e-mail, join our mailing lists.
- Sign up to take or re-take your SAT or ACT examinations. Have your official scores sent directly to Canisius (SAT Code 2073, ACT Code 2690). Interested in a college test prep class? Learn more about our SAT/ACT test prep courses.
- If you are interested in playing an NCAA Division I sport at Canisius, contact the team's coach after July 1.
- Ask people to write letters of recommendation for your college applications. This is a recommended portion of the Canisius application for admission.
- Sign up for our electronic and regular (snail) mailing lists to receive information about Canisius.
- Prepare for and take your SAT/ACT examinations. Have your official scores sent directly to Canisius (SAT Code 2073, ACT Code 2690).
- Make an appointment to visit Canisius and tour our campus.
- Meet with one of our representatives at a college fair in your area.
- Write down what qualities you’re looking for in a college – i.e., city or rural, study abroad opportunities, strong science program, etc.
- Keep up with your extracurricular activities, including involvement in your community.
- Continue taking academic prep courses and keep your grades up.
- Start keeping track of your activities and honors.
- Begin preparations for the ACT, PSAT and SAT tests.
- Attend a college fair at your high school, or start looking at college search sites online.