The following materials are required to apply for admission to Canisius:
- A completed paper or online institutional application, or the Common Application, including the school counselor recommendation form.
- An official high school transcript
- An official copy of your SAT or ACT scores – these may be included on your transcript or sent directly to Canisius (SAT Code 2073, ACT Code 2690).
- An essay of at least 250 words on a topic of your choice.
- Students are encouraged to submit at least one additional letter of recommendation from a teacher and information about their extracurricular involvement.
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098
Rolling admission and important dates
Canisius adheres to a rolling admission policy that allows you to apply at any time until the class is full. Canisius offers a priority consideration deadline of November 15. If you apply by this time, you will receive your admissions decision and scholarship notification by December 15. If you choose this option, you will still have until May 1, the National Candidates' Reply Date Agreement, to make your college decision. All high school seniors are encouraged to apply by March 1 of your senior year for full and equal consideration.
- When reviewing applications for admission, the Admissions Committee looks for students with above average achievement in a college preparatory program of study.
- The middle 50 percent for first-year students accepted to Canisius in fall 2011 had the following profile:
High School Average: 90.5
SAT Combined Score: 1110
ACT composite score: 25