The following materials are required to apply for freshmen admission to Canisius:
- A completed paper or Common Application, including the school counselor recommendation form.
- An official high school transcript.
- An official copy of your SAT or ACT scores – these may be included on your transcript or sent directly to Canisius (SAT Code 2073, ACT Code 2690).
- An essay of at least 250 words on a topic of your choice.
- Students should submit two recommendation letters. The high school counselor recommendation, part of the application, may be used as one of the recommendation letters.
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098
Early Action - November 1st deadline
Canisius offers an early action date of November 1. If you apply by this time, you will receive your admissions decision and scholarship notification by early December or before. If you choose this option, you will still have until May 1, the National Candidates' Reply Date Agreement, to make your college decision.
Rolling Admissions - After November 1st
Canisius adheres to a rolling admission policy that allows you to apply at any time until the class is full. You will have until May 1, the National Candidates' Reply Date Agreement, to make your college decision.
- When reviewing applications for admission, the Admissions Committee looks for students with above average achievement in a college preparatory program of study.
- The middle 50% for first year students accepted to Canisius had the following profile:
High School Average: 90%
SAT Combined Score: 1110
ACT Composite Score: 25