Welcome Class of 2017 and New Transfer Students!
We hope that you have enjoyed your summer and are ready to begin this very important step in your life at Canisius College. New Student Orientation is just around the corner (August 22-26, 2012) and in order to help you prepare, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Resident Freshmen & Resident Transfer students:
- Resident Student Move-in and Resident Student Orientation Check-in will begin for you at 8:00 a.m. in Penfold Commons (Palisano Pavilion).
- You are highly encouraged to arrive early on Wednesday, August 22, so that you will have plenty of time to move into and setup your residence hall room, check-in to New Student Orientation (in Penfold Commons), and begin the Orientation program.
- Bosch Hall & Dugan Hall residents are encouraged to arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway.
- Frisch Hall residents are asked to use Hughes Avenue, from Jefferson Avenue.
- Transfer Residents should arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway and proceed to the Palisano Pavilion to get your key.
Commuter Freshmen and Commuter Transfer students:
New Student Orientation check-in for all commuter students will begin at 10:30am in the lobby of the Richard E. Winter ’42 Student Center (80 Hughes Avenue). Once you check-in, you will have plenty of time to go through the Student Services Fair, have lunch and start the Orientation program.
Parking and Directions:
All students and guests are asked to park in the Science Hall Parking Ramp (corners of Jefferson and Delavan Avenues). The entrance to the ramp is on Jefferson Avenue. (Note: Resident students please proceed to your residence hall first for move-in. Once your car is unloaded, please park your car at the ramp.) A parking permit is not required during New Student Orientation. For directions to Canisius as well as a campus map, please visit our directions page.
Parents and Families:
Parents, guardians and families are invited to participate in the New Student Orientation festivities on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 only. Parents and families are encouraged to attend the following activities:
- 8am-2:30pm - Student Services Fair (Student Center-2nd Floor)
- 10:30am-2:30pm - Lunch (Student Center-1st Floor)
- 12:30pm-3pm - Presentations for Parents & Families (Montante Cultural Center), (refer to the Orientation Schedule for workshop details.)
- 4pm-5:15pm - New Student Convocation & Blessing (Koessler Athletic Center
- 5:30pm-6:45pm - Dinner (Koessler Athletic Center)
- 7pm-9pm - Keynote Parent Presentation - “The Art of College Parenting” & Student Affairs Panel (Montante Cultural Center)
At check-in, all students will receive an Orientation T-Shirt. We ask that all students wear this t-shirt to the New Student Convocation and Blessing that will take place at Koessler Athletic Center (KAC) on August 22, 2012 at 4pm. Students are to meet in the Patrick Lee Center in the KAC starting by 3:30pm.
The complete New Student Orientation schedule is available online.
During NSO you are eligible to win many prizes by attending the various presentations, luncheons, and workshops throughout the 5 days. (At the NSO check-in tables you will receive your sheet of raffle tickets that you can redeem for the raffles. Also refer to the NSO program that you will receive at check-in, for the eligible prize give-away sessions).
At the end of New Student Orientation, two (2) lucky students will each win a $500 bookstore gift card to use towards books for the spring 2013 semester.
Canisius College Student ID Cards:
All students are required to have a Canisius College Student ID Card.
If you have not yet submitted your photo:
- Log into myCanisius at with your username and password given to you at the time of your acceptance.
- “Click” on the ID Card Photo button located on the left hand column of the portal page.
- Follow the directions listed.
- You will be notified by email once your photo has been approved.
To pick up your completed student ID Card:
Before August 22, 2012
- Student can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
On August 22, 2012 – New Student Orientation
- Resident students can pick up their ID Card in Palisano Pavilion during Resident Student Check-in.
- Commuter students can pick up their student ID Card at the Student Services Fair, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center during New Student Orientation.
- Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
After August 22, 2012
- You can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
New Student Orientation is a required program for all incoming students. If you have not registered for NSO, please call our office at 716-888-2175
If you have any questions or concerns regarding New Student Orientation, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or at 716-888-2175.
We look forward to meeting you on August 22!