Welcome Class of 2018 and New Transfer Students!
We hope that you have enjoyed your summer and are ready to begin this very important step in your life at Canisius College. New Student Orientation is just around the corner (August 21-24, 2014) and in order to help you prepare, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Resident Freshmen & Resident Transfer students:
- Resident Student Move-in will begin for you at 7:00 a.m. in Penfold Commons (Palisano Pavilion).
- You are highly encouraged to arrive early on Thursday, August 21, so that you will have plenty of time to move into and setup your residence hall room, check-in to New Student Orientation (in Science Hall Atrium), and begin your Orientation program.
- Bosch Hall & Dugan Hall residents are encouraged to arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway.
- Frisch Hall residents are asked to use Hughes Avenue, from Jefferson Avenue.
- Transfer Residents should arrive on campus via Eastwood Place, from Humboldt Parkway and proceed to the Palisano Pavilion to get your key.
- Resident Student Orientation Check-in will take place in the Science Hall Atrium. Once you move into your housing placement, head over to Science Hall to start your orientation program.
- Transfer Resident Students please allow yourself enough time to move into your your housing placement, check-in for Orientation, attend the Student Services Fair, and have lunch before your first event at 11am.
Commuter Transfer students:
- Check-in for all Commuter Transfer students will begin at 9:30am in the Science Hall Atrium. Once you check-in, you will have plenty of time to go through the Student Services Fair (Science Hall Commons), have lunch and start the Transfer program at 11am.
Commuter Freshmen students:
- New Student Orientation check-in for all freshmen commuter students will begin at 10:00am in the Science Hall Atrium. Once you check-in, you will have plenty of time to go through the Student Services Fair (Science Hall Commons), have lunch and start your Orientation program.
Parking and Directions:
All students and guests are asked to park in the Science Hall Parking Ramp (corners of Jefferson and Delavan Avenues). The entrance to the ramp is on Jefferson Avenue. (Note: Resident students please proceed to your residence hall first for move-in. Once your car is unloaded, please park your car at the ramp.) A parking permit is not required during New Student Orientation. For directions to Canisius as well as a campus map, please visit our directions page.
Parents and Families:
Parents, guardians and families are invited to participate in the New Student Orientation festivities on Thursday, August 21st only. Parents and families are encouraged to attend the following activities:
|7am-12:45pm||Resident Student Move-in & New Student Orientation Check-in for Resident Students|
|9am-12:45pm||Student Services Fair|
|10:30am-12:45pm||New Student Orientation Check-in for Commuter Students
|1pm||The Art of College Parenting
|2:15pm||Academic & Student Life Panel for Parents
|4pm||New Student Convocation
At check-in, all students will receive an Orientation T-Shirt. We ask that all students wear this t-shirt to the New Student Convocation and Blessing that will take place at Koessler Athletic Center (KAC) on August 21st at 4pm. Students are to meet in the Patrick Lee Center in the KAC starting by 3:30pm.
The tentative New Student Orientation schedule is currently available on myCanisius, the student portal.
During NSO you are eligible to win many prizes by attending the various presentations, luncheons, and workshops throughout the 5 days. (At the NSO check-in tables you will receive your sheet of raffle tickets that you can redeem for the raffles. Also refer to the NSO program that you will receive at check-in, for the eligible prize give-away sessions).
At the end of New Student Orientation, two (2) lucky students will each win a $500 bookstore gift card to use towards books for the spring semester.
Canisius College Griff Pass (student ID card):
All students are required to have a Griff Pass.
To upload your photo:
- Log into myCanisius at with your username and password given to you at the time of your acceptance.
- “Click” on the Upload ID Card Photo button located on the left hand column of the portal page.
- Follow the directions listed.
- You will be notified by email once your photo has been approved.
To pick up your completed Griff Pass:
Before August 21st
- Student can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
On August 21st – New Student Orientation
- Resident students can pick up their ID Card in Palisano Pavilion during Resident Student Check-in.
- Commuter students can pick up their student ID Card at the Student Services Fair, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center during New Student Orientation.
- Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
After August 21st
- You can pick up your student ID Card at the Office of Public Safety, located in the lower level of Bosch Hall. Please have your driver’s license or another form of photo ID with you when you pick up your card.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding New Student Orientation, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 716-888-2175.
We look forward to meeting you in August!