Support Canisius Service Programs on #GivingTuesday
Today, Canisius College joins more than 18,000 organizations to participate in the third annual #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back and inspiring generosity.
Today is a day for everyone, everywhere, to give.
At Canisius, our students exemplify the spirit of #GivingTuesday everyday by giving of themselves through various service programs, like the Canisius Burrito Project.
The Canisius Burrito Project is a street ministry that brings together faculty, staff, students, and alumni each month to prepare and deliver more than 90 home-made burritos, snacks and drinks to the poor and homeless in downtown Buffalo. Through this project our students are doing something special – they’re impacting the lives of some of the most vulnerable and forgotten of our society. And today, with your help, they can do even more.
Please support our students and the Canisius Burrito Project with a gift of $10 or more on #GivingTuesday. Your gift will provide this ministry with resources to prepare six additional burritos each month while giving our students the opportunity to broaden their efforts and touch the lives of the poor and homeless in our community.
Make your #GivingTuesday gift. Just remember to designate your gift to the Burrito Project (or any other Campus Ministry service program) in the space provided on the gift form.
Additional Campus Ministry programs you can support on #GivingTuesday:
- Each week more than 15 Canisius students prepare sandwiches, hot chocolate and cookies through the Sandwich & Spirituality Ministry and serve them to marginalized and homeless population.
- Our students help prepare and serve home cooked meals for guests at the South Buffalo Community Table Soup Kitchen every Wednesday.
- At St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy, our students work in the dining room, assisting the church in serving between 400-600 meals a day; students also work in their Mission Mall and school.
- Through Service-Immersion experiences our students grow in solidarity with the people of the world, especially the poor. The Office of Campus Ministry organizes annual service trips to New York City, Appalachia, Erie, Syracuse, as well as Jamaica, India, Poland and El Salvador.
Once you've made your gift, join the #GivingTuesday conversation online. Here's how:
- Share why you supported Canisus College on #GivingTuesday through your social media platforms; make sure you use the #GivingTuesday and CanisiusBurritoProject hashtags.
- Grab the “I Give” Facebook badge below and change the profile picture on our Facebok page.
- Connect with Canisius College on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter – join the conversation there by participating in discussions and sharing and re-tweeting posts. Make sure to use the #GivingTuesday and #CanisiusBurritoProject hastags.