Alumni & Friends
All gifts to Canisius support student needs. Those who give $1,000 or more become members of the Leadership Society. This select group supports the college in monumental ways.
Members of the Leadership Society have helped propel the college to new levels of excellence that include:
- The introduction of 12 new academic programs, including five majors and four online programs.
- Increased acceptance rates for students seeking advanced degree – nine out of 10 graduates who apply are accepted into law school and medical schools.
- More honors for the accounting program—CPA exam results for 2012 graduates rank us No. 2 in New York State.
- The purchase and renovation of Science Hall, a state-of-the-art and newly opened center for interdisciplinary science.
Qualifications for Membership
Donors must reach the appropriate gift level by May 31 to qualify for membership in the Leadership Society. All gifts within the fiscal year are included in a donor's total.
Chairman's Circle - $25,000 or more
1870 Founder's Club - $10,000 - $24,999
Peter Canisius Fellow - $5,000 - $9,999
President's Council Benefactor - $2,500 - $4,999
President's Council Member - $1,000 - $2,499
Class of 2012 - 2013 - $100
Class of 2009 - 2011 - $250
Class of 2005 - 2008 - $500
Class of 2003 - 2004 - $750
Annual membership at any level may be paid monthly.
Leadership Society Benefits:
As a member of the Leadership Society, you receive special communications and premier seating at college events. You are a Canisius insider with opportunities for involvement. You have exclusive access to college's resources. Benefits include:
- Exclusive news about important college developments
- Invitation to annual Leadership Society reception and special regional events
- Opportunities to meet other alumni and community leaders who share a similar passion and commitment for Canisius
- Complimentary tickets to select men's and women's basketball games
- Complimentary tickets to our annual ArtsCanisius "Buffalo Philharmonic On Campus" concert and invitation to member-only pre-concert reception
- Discount at the Canisius College Bookstore
- Discounted membership to the Koessler Athletic Center Fitness Facilities
- Access to Bouwhuis Library
- Preferred campus parking
- Prominent listing in donor publications
- Special consideration for on and off campus events
For more information about the Leadership Society, please contact the Canisius Fund office, at email@example.com or (716) 888-2712.