Homecoming Weekend 2014
We are excited to announce the inauguration of a new and improved "Always A Griffin” Homecoming Weekend in 2014. The weekend will run from Thursday, September 25, through Sunday, September 28.
What is Homecoming Weekend?
All alumni, parents and friends are invited to participate in Homecoming, which replaces the traditional Alumni Weekend and will now include a broader array of events and people, including Family Weekend, which will bring parents and families of current students to campus.
Everyone connected to Canisius is invited. Alumni. Parents. Faculty. Staff. Students. Friends. There are activities, events and parties for everyone to enjoy.
Event and Activities
Homecoming Weekend will be filled with events, gatherings and celebrations as alumni come back to campus and share their memories and achievements. Join classmates, friends, faculty, parents and families on September 25-28, 2014, for a weekend of fun.
- Thursday night lecture with Norma Nowak ’79, one of the nation’s leading cancer scientists
- Friday afternoon young alumni reception sponsored by Flying Bison
- The biggest bash of the year, the Friday night tent party on the quad
- Saturday night events for all reunion classes and affinity groups
- Five athletic home games
- Saturday coffee bar and tours of Loyola Hall, home to the Jesuit community
- A Fallfest Saturday afternoon party for all ages
- Sunday Mass and picnic featuring Anderson’s
- Tour of the Buffalo Zoo led by professor Dr. Mike Noonan.
Make Plans to Celebrate with Your Reunion Class or Affinity Group
Homecoming Weekend 2014 will be celebrate nine of the college’s most treasured classes--1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004 and 2009—plus affinity reunions among Pre Law and MBA graduates. Click here to learn more about each reunion
Join Your Reunion Committee
The Alumni Association invites you to become a class committee member or co-chair for your reunion class or affinity group. Committee members work with former classmates, fellow alumni and Canisius staff to increase attendance and participation, work toward class gift goals and leave their mark on Homecoming 2014. It’s a great opportunity to reconnect with classmates and have a role in planning your reunion. Join today by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 716-888-2700.
Not Part of a Reunion Class or Affinity Group?
Homecoming is still for you! There are activities, events and parties for everyone.
To get involved, contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com or 716-888-2700 or 800-201-4952.