LEARNING GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Student Learning Goal 1
Majors will think critically about facts, concepts, and issues in anthropology.
- Objective A: Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method as applied to the study of anthropology;
- Objective B: Demonstrate an understanding of the major approaches to conducting research in the four traditional subfields of anthropology.
Student Learning Goal 2
Majors will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for graduate studies or careers.
- Objective A: Demonstrate a familiarity with the major concepts, theories, and theorists in the four major subfields of anthropology;
- Objective B: Articulate the role of global awareness in applying anthropological theories and methods in the real world.
Student Learning Goal 3
Majors will demonstrate the importance of global awareness in anthropology.
- Objective A: Articulate the role of anthropology in the historical development of conceptions of ethics, values and morality within a cross-cultural framework;
- Objective B: Demonstrate an understanding of the socio-cultural differences among human groups, including the crucial role of language in human thought and cultural diversity.