Anthrozoology Application Process
Admission to the Anthrozoology Master’s Program is selective and competitive. Admission is based upon the applicant’s perspective on the discipline, as expressed in the application material, and on evidence of past academic excellence. A previously completed bachelor’s degree is required, with the expectation of a past undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
It is recognized that our applicants’ backgrounds and experiences vary greatly, and we actually value diversity in our student body. Because of this, we accept/encourage applicants with previous bachelor’s degrees in any major discipline. Additionally, applicants are encouraged to include any information that they consider relevant with their applications. Submission of GRE scores and/or letters of recommendation is recommended, but not required.
Eligible students may enter our Anthrozoology program only in Fall semesters. Application material for Fall 2015 must be received no later than February 1, 2015.
How to apply:
1. Complete our college’s generic application form by clicking here (https://grad.applycanisius.org/login)
2. Provide one official transcript of all college work
3. Have GRE scores forwarded directly from the testing service (optional)
4. Submit additional information if desired
5. Complete three essays that will serve as program-specific supplements to your general application. Compile the essays into a single pdf document, and send them directly to Dr Michael Noonan as an email attachment. Send the email email@example.com with the words Supplemental Essays followed by your name in the subject line [e.g., Supplemental Essays – John Smith].
Essay 1: Describe a book, a person, or an event that helped shape your interest in Anthrozoology? (2000 characters max, including spaces)
Essay 2: Describe a human-animal conflict, and then provide three key questions that should be answered to better understand it. (3000 characters max, including spaces)
Essay 3: What do you see as the future of Anthrozoology? (2000 characters max, including spaces)
If utilizing surface mail, please send all application materials to:
Graduate Admission Office – Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Here at Canisius College, we are very excited about our Anthrozoology Master’s Program, and we are seeking others who share our passion for human-animal studies. We are delighted that you are considering applying, and we look forward to reading your essays as a way of learning about you.