Marguerite McMahon, MS '13
Advance Your Career in Applied Nutrition
The School of Education's Master’s in Applied Nutrition program has two specialty tracks that are offered in a fully online format structured to fit the busy lifestyle of working professionals. It is designed for students, practitioners and professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge in nutrition-related fields. This program can be completed in as little as one year.
Note: This degree does not yield (nor is it a route to obtain) RD (Registered Dietitian) status. It will NOT qualify students to sit for the RD licensing exam upon completion.
Graduates of the Master's in Applied Nutrition program will be:
- Qualified to assume leadership, management or administrative roles.
- Able to conduct and comprehend research.
- Able to apply current research to practice.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate nutritional programs among many other acquired skills.
The program will provide students with the opportunity to build upon theoretical knowledge and specialize in one of two areas:
- Obesity and Eating Disorders
- Fitness and Sports Nutrition
Prior Learning Assessment
The Office of Professional Studies at Canisius College acknowledges and rewards students for skills, knowledge or competencies gained through work experience.