To be considered for admission to Canisius College's Online Applied Nutrition program, candidates are required to submit the following items:
- Completion of the graduate admissions application.
- Submission of one (1) official undergraduate transcript showing completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of sufficient college-level coursework in the areas of anatomy, physiology, chemistry, or biology or current licensure as a Registered Dietitian. Students who do not meet prerequisites may be required to complete additional undergraduate coursework.
- Provide a statement of purpose of approximately 500 words explaining your motivation for pursuing the MS in Applied Nutrition at Canisius College. The statement may be submitted in the essay section of the graduate application.
- ALH 502, Nutrition, may be required for non-Registered Dietitians (RD) or Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) students. The course will count as an elective within a specialty track.
Applying to the program
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are considered as they are received for each of our terms. We recommend submitting all material required for admission at least 30 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin. Earlier application will ensure the best scheduling options, as some course sections may become unavailable. Terms are eight weeks in length with two start dates in both the fall and spring semesters. The online application can be submitted with no application fee.