Applied Nutrition Admissions Requirements
- Free online application The application includes a statement of purpose of approximately 500 words explaining your motivation for pursuing the MS in Applied Nutrition at Canisius College. The statement may be submitted in the essay section.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Preferred current licensure as a Registered Dietitian or appropriate college-level coursework in the sciences. Students who do not meet prerequisites may be required to complete additional undergraduate coursework.
- ALH 502 Nutrition, may be required for non-Registered Dietitians (RD) or Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) students.
- Complete a phone or face-to-face interview with the program director, or department representative.
Applying to the program
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are considered as they are received for each of our terms. We recommend submitting all material required for admission at least 30 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin. Earlier application will ensure the best scheduling options, as some course sections may become unavailable. Terms are eight weeks in length, with two start dates in both the fall and spring semesters.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis, with the exception of Anthrozoology and College Student Personnel
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.