Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Art History majors will develop and refine the skills needed to understand and analyze works of art.
- Objective A: Describe and interpret works of art using terminology specific to the field to carry out an analysis of a work of art;
- Objective B: Find and analyze information on works of art, artists, periods, and art historical topics using written materials and databases specific to the field;
- Objective C: Communicate these findings in written or verbal format.
Student Learning Goal 2
Art History Majors will understand how works of art are embedded in and reflective of specific cultural-historical contexts.
- Objective A: Locate works of art within larger historical contexts;
- Objective B: Articulate the interrelationships between art and a range of cultures;
- Objective C: Analyze the importance of the visual arts in societies past and present;