Canisius College offers art history scholarships for new students entering Fall 2016 and planning to major in art history.
Students who demonstrate an interest in studying the history of art are eligible for $2,000 per year. These scholarships are in addition to merit scholarships and are renewable for four years.
- Admission to Canisius College as a full-time student for Fall 2016.
- Letter of application from the student, describing extent of experience with art history and outlining reasons for planning to major or minor in the discipline. Note: there is no separate application form.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, including one which discusses the student’s exposure to and experience with art history.
- Interview, either in person or by phone, with the Canisius art history faculty. Interviews will be arranged after other scholarship materials are received.
- Score of three or above on the Advanced Placement Art History exam.
- Grade of B or above in a high school art history course.
Students who receive art history scholarships will be expected to major or minor in art history, maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 and to participate in art history activities.
Letters of application should be sent to:
Art History Scholarship Chair
Fine Arts Department
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208-1098
February 1, 2016