Learning Goals & Objectives
Student Learning Goal 1
Students will develop competency with respect to knowledge, having a working understanding of basic concepts in the biological sciences.
- Objective A: Demonstrate detailed knowledge within at least two areas of biology to be selected among the following: from ecology/evolutionary biology; molecular biology/cellular biology/biochemistry; physiology/organism biology;
- Objective B: Connect previously learned material with current research in biology.
Student Learning Goal 2
Students will develop problem solving skills applicable to the biological sciences.
- Objective A: Accurately interpret data;
- Objective B: Design an experiment to address a specific hypothesis;
- Objective C: Critically analyze an article from the original scientific literature or a professional report.
Student Learning Goal 3
Students will demonstrate mastery with respect to technical skills in the biological sciences.
- Objective A: Effectively communicate scientific material in a written format;
- Objective B: Effectively communicate scientific material orally;
- Objective C: Draw graphs or design tables to accurately represent scientific information;
- Objective D: Describe or Explain instrumentation and technology appropriate to their course of study.