APA's PayTrain Fundamentals & Mastery
Improve your payroll knowledge and prepare for the CPP and FPC certification exams
Next Session: Fundamentals: February 1, 2014
Designed by the American Payroll Association, the PayTrain Fundamentals & Mastery programs are designed for all levels of payroll administration. Whether you are interested in preparing for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams, or are new to the industry and need to learn the basics of payroll, our courses will help you meet your goals.
- Payroll concepts
- Paycheck calculations
- Fringe benefits
- Payroll reporting and employment taxes
- Record keeping and Payroll practices
- Payroll accounting
- Management and Administration
I- PayTrain Fundamentals: (8 Weeks)
Saturdays: February 1 - March 22, 2014 from 9am - 1pm
Paytrain Fundamentals –Payroll PayTrain Fundamentals teaches the fundamental payroll calculations and applications necessary for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for the FPC certification examinations. This is a unique blended learning course that incorporates online and traditional learning. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
II- PayTrain Mastery: (10 Weeks)
No scheduled dates at this time.
Paytrain Mastery – A continuation of Payroll PayTrain Fundamentals, Payroll PayTrain Mastery is a comprehensive course providing students with a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This is a unique blended learning course that incorporates online and traditional learning. This course is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation. The Payroll PayTrain Fundamentals course or holding the FPC designation is a prerequisite to take this course.
Who Should Attend
The PayTrain College & University program serves a wide variety of payroll professionals. Ideal candidates include:
- Payroll professionals who are preparing for the FPC or CPP examination
- New payroll employees
- Experienced payroll employees who are assuming greater responsibilities
- Business owners/managers needing to ensure compliance
- Personnel in payroll service companies who need a basic understanding of payroll
- Payroll software developers and technical support representatives
- Post-secondary students interested in moving into the payroll profession
- FPCs and CPPs needing to earn Recertificate Credit Hours (RCHs) for recertification
Includes all course materials.
Location: Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Pkwy, Suite 130
Amherst, NY 14226