Certification Prep Course
Project Management Certification Prep Course
A 35-hour preparation course for the PMI Certification Exam
Next Session: October 16, 2014
In the current economic situation, companies want to maximize efficiency in all aspects of their business. Employees who are not technically “project managers” are being asked to more effectively manage their projects without formal training on the topic. Additionally, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for project managers is expected to grow ten percent through 2016, creating 15 million jobs for project management professionals.
The curriculum uses lecture, in-class exercises, and practice questions to teach you what you need to know for the PMP® Exam. The small class sizes and open atmosphere will help you form a network of industry peers who are also preparing to take the exam.
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement Management
- Communication Management
- Integration Management
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Cost Management
Who Should Attend
- Project managers seeking assistance in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification Exam
- Managers, supervisors and individuals who want to learn project management skills and processes through an in-depth project management program
- Experienced project managers who have no formal project management instruction
- Project managers seeking project management contact hours to sit for the certification examination
Date/Time: October 16 - December 18, 2014*
Thursdays from 5:30pm - 9pm
(*no class on November 27th)
Investment: $1,995 Thisi includes all course materials.
Location: Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Pkwy, Suite 130
Amherst, NY 14226
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are PMI Certifications?
- What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the Project Management Professional Certification exam?
- I hear you have to apply to even sit for either of the PHR or SPHR Certification exams. Is this true?
- By taking this prep course, am I automatically registered for the certification exam?
The Project Management Institute offers a comprehensive certification program for project practitioners of all education and skill levels. There are currently six credentials available, rigorously developed, globally accredited and easily transferable across borders and industries.
A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
This is an overview of the requirements. For complete details regarding the PMP eligibility requirements, please view the PMP Handbook for further details.
Yes. Anyone looking to take the PHR or SPHR must fill out an application directly through the Project Management Institute. No application is required to take this prep course.
No. Enrolling in this program does not register you for the PMP certification exam. You must apply for the exam directly through the Project Management Institute.