Project Management- Basics Course
February 27, 2013
Organizations are successfully using project management concepts to deal with increasingly competitive markets, financial pressures to improve performance, restructuring, and globalization. Project management provides value to organizations facing pressures to complete efforts "faster, better, cheaper."
Sound project management is not overhead. This course provides participants with an overview of the essential elements of project management and the project management life cycle. Participants gain an understanding of the techniques and practice of project management; and gain practical experience with approaches to achieving successful project performance.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone new to project management
- Individuals who want to strengthen their project management skills
- Individuals seeking a refresher on fundamental project management knowledge, skills and current tools
- Goes beyond, "What is project management" to providing practical "How to" guidance, tools and techniques and processes
- Plan project work (scope, work breakdown structure, etc.)
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets
- Execute project work
- Closing the project
Details: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Parkway, Suite 130N
Amherst, NY 14226