Professional Leadership Series
Next Session: February 12, 2014
The Professional Leadership Series is designed for the business professional who has mastered the technical aspects of their job and is ready to take on added responsibilities and challenges within their company. Participants of this program want to know more about their companies, make effective decisions, and make a broader impact within their position.
This series has been specifically designed to be an integral part of an employee’s professional development plan through encouraging organizational development by building on existing talents of the individual. Participants will be exposed proven leadership tools, techniques, strategies, and methods to transform them into a highly effective leader who has the knowledge and tools to make a lasting impact on their organization.
Influence and Negotiation Strategies
February 12, 2014 from 9am - 4:30pm
Learn how to apply Cialdini's weapons of influence at work to get to "yes" faster.
- Understand the benefits of using principled negotiation strategies in the workplace as a means of maintaining work relationships and achieving goals.
Instructor: Matilda Lorenzo
Building Emotional Intelligence
April 9, 2014 from 9am - 4:30pm
This workshop will introduce participants to an emotional intelligence model that will help to develop authentic leadership capabilities. Participants will explore their own personal competencies and social competencies through self assessment, self reflection and group discussion. They will understand how to manage behaviors when interacting with others in order to develop meaningful and productive relationships.
Instructor: Jessica Schimert
Who Should Attend
- Are new to an organization, and possibly new to the corporate experience.
- Have mastered the technical aspects of their jobs and are looking to progress beyond their current responsibilities.
- Are already acquainted with managerial responsibilities, managing key assignments and staff.
- Are responsible for influencing all other employees and driving the success of a company.
Cost: $595 per workshop
Location: Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Parkway, Suite 130N
Amherst, NY 14226