Professional Leadership Series
Next Session: November 13, 2013
The Professional Leadership Series is designed for the business professional who has mastered the technical aspects of their job and is ready to take on added responsibilities and challenges within their company. Participants of this program want to know more about their companies, make effective decisions, and make a broader impact within their position.
This series has been specifically designed to be an integral part of an employee’s professional development plan through encouraging organizational development by building on existing talents of the individual. Participants will be exposed proven leadership tools, techniques, strategies, and methods to transform them into a highly effective leader who has the knowledge and tools to make a lasting impact on their organization.
Who Should Attend
- Are new to an organization, and possibly new to the corporate experience.
- Have mastered the technical aspects of their jobs and are looking to progress beyond their current responsibilities.
- Are already acquainted with managerial responsibilities, managing key assignments and staff.
- Are responsible for influencing all other employees and driving the success of a company.
Being a Leader
November 13, 2013
This workshop will focus on the basic mindsets, behaviors, and skills for going from a manager to a leader. The subject matter will specifically focus on
Influencing your Organization
December 11, 2013
Influencing others may be as simple as asking a colleague to do something, or as complex as convincing the senior management team to make a large capital investment. Whoever the audience, real power is only realized when the right strategy is applied in the right situation.
Effective Problem Solving & Decision Making
January 8, 2014
Complex problems involving uncertainty or high risk consequences require an organized and systematic decision-making process. Learn how to,
- Ask the right questions,
- Prioritize and generate good alternative solutions
- And rigorously evaluate alternatives to improve the quality of your decisions.
Influence and Negotiation Strategies
February 12, 2014
Learn how to apply Cialdini's weapons of influence at work to get to "yes" faster.
- Understand the benefits of using principled negotiation strategies in the workplace as a means of maintaining work relationships and achieving goals.
Leading High Performing Teams
March 12, 2014
High performing teams are not just created by recruiting top talent and letting them run. As leaders, it is our job to create the infrastructure and processes that enable team members to perform to their greatest potential both independently and as a unified, high performing team. The session will provide you with,
- The understanding of what is required to develop and sustain a high performing team
- The ability to improve team results by applying a proven performance model
Understand new ways to encourage teamwork and motivate teams
Building Emotional Intelligence
April 9, 2014
This workshop will introduce participants to an emotional intelligence model that will help to develop authentic leadership capabilities. Participants will explore their own personal competencies and social competencies through self assessment, self reflection and group discussion. They will understand how to manage behaviors when interacting with others in order to develop meaningful and productive relationships.
May 14, 2014
Take the mystery out of recruiting, managing and developing your team members. In this session, you will:
- Start with your business or department strategy to define the behaviors and skills required for success on our teams
- Explore best practice tools and techniques for measuring and assessing these strengths in others
- Learn best practices for developing their talent through education, on the job experiences and exposure to high performing team members
Presenting at the Executive Level
June 11, 2014
This session is designed to provide valuable insights on how to be more confident that your communications provide the clarity and impact necessary to improve performance. You will have gained the information that enables:
- Confidence in your ability to deliver impactful, memorable communications
- An understanding of how to meet the needs and drive outcomes from varying audiences
- Tips and tricks to help “change up” your communications and presentations
Date/Time: Each workshop is held from 9am - 4:30pm
Cost: $595 per workshop*
*If you take:
- 2 - 5 workshops you can apply a 15% discount
- 6 - 9 workshops you can apply a 20% discount
- 10 workshops for a flat rate of $4,000
Location: The Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Parkway, Suite 130N
Amherst, NY 14226