Project Management Applied
Next Session: January 28, 2014
Organizations are successfully using project management concepts to deal with increasingly competitive markets, financial pressures to improve performance, restructuring, and globalization. Project management provides value to organizations facing pressures to complete efforts "faster, better, cheaper".
Sound project management is not overhead. This course provides participants with an overview of the essential elements of project management and the project management life cycle. Participants gain an understanding of the techniques and practice of project management; and gain practical experience with approaches to achieving successful project performance.
In addition to the basics of project management, this course helps participants apply that knowledge to their own real-life scenarios. The instructor will work individually with each participant and collectively to apply project management.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone new to project management
- Individuals who want to strengthen their project management skills
- Individuals ready to apply project management knowledge, skills and current tools instantly
- Goes beyond, “What is project management” to providing practical “How To” guidance, tools and techniques and processes
- Plan Project Work (Scope, Work Breakdown Structure, etc.)
- Develop Project Schedules, Cost Estimates, and Budgets
- Execute Project Work
- Closing the Project
- Unique to this course - Instructor Q&A of real-life scenarios
Date/Time: January 28th, February 11th & February 25th, 2014
Tuesday's from 9am - 4:30pm
Location: The Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Pkwy, Suite 130
Amherst, NY 14226