The Young Professionals Leadership Certificate Program
Next Session Coming Fall 2013!
This program is designed to provide young professionals with an advantage over their peers through a sharp focus on key functions of leadership that are proven necessities to a highly successful career.
Who should attend?
All professionals under the age of 40 with an interest in personal and professional development and community engagement are welcome.
To obtain certification, participants must take the ‘Self Awareness and Credibility’ and ‘Your Professional Talent Map’ workshops and choose three additional workshops to attend.
Basic Business Writing
Friday, May 3, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Increase your fluency and confidence as a writer
- Discover how to tailor your writing to various key audiences for maximum effectiveness
- Learn about common mistakes business writers make
Friday, May 10, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Overcome uncertainty and insecurity of speaking situations and presentation skills
- Develop and enhance essential delivery skills, both verbal and non-verbal • Acquire effective organizational skills for maximum presentation impact
Self Awareness and Credibility
Friday, May 17, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Identify why it’s important to focus on strengths, rather than weakness
- Recognize the link between self awareness and credibility
- Determine how to magnify your strengths and minimize your weaknesses
Friday, May 24, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Understand and apply basic financial concepts to your industry
- Learn key accounting and finance terminology, statement components and budgeting concepts
- Explore major regulatory and compliance issues currently affecting businesses
Influencing without Authority
Friday, May 31, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Develop skills for attaining cooperation from supervisors who command resources, information and potentially crucial support, but who are not required to collaborate is an extremely beneficial skill to acquire
Friday, June 7, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Educate participants in the theoretical framework of conflict
- Recognize destructive and constructive conflict response behaviors and apply to real life scenarios
- Enhance and apply emotional intelligence to effectively deal with the various contexts conflict can occur within
Your Professional Talent Map
Friday, June 14, 2013 from 8:30am – 11:30am
- Develop a clear idea of your talent map by critically analyzing strengths and interests
- Become an advocate for your own career path and a more engaged and productive employee
The Young Professionals Advisory Network*
The Young Professionals Advising Network provides an opportunity for both members and non-members of the Young Professionals Leadership Program to get together in a less structured environment that is highly conductive to networking and getting to know your peers. The first hour of the meetings will be facilitated and include group discussion on topics that are relevant to and chosen by the network’s members. Following this is a second hour that allows time for all members to mingle, build relationships and create connections with their peers. The location of this program will be rotated between Downtown Buffalo and Amherst, NY.
*The Young Professionals Peer Advisory Group is free to participants in the Young Professionals Leadership Certification Program, but can also be paid for and attended independently of the program.
The Pan American Grill & Brewery
The Hotel Lafayette
391 Washington St.
Buffalo, NY 14203
Workshop tuition: $395
Advisory network: $99 for all sessions or $10 per session.
Canisius College Center for Professional Development
300 Corporate Parkway Suite 130
Amherst, NY 14226
This program is underwritten by Synacor, Inc. for Buffalo Niagara 360 Members. Contact us for the promotion code!
For Adobe Acrobat PDF, click here.