Learning Goals & Objectives
Learning Goal 1
Graduates will know how financial information is measured and reported to external users.
- Objective A: Calculate financial ratios and performance measures and analyze the results;
- Objective B: Apply current principles of accounting to the measurement and reporting of financial accounting information;
- Objective C: Apply taxation regulations in the measurement and reporting of information to governmental entities;
- Objective D: Explain the processes/principles related to providing assurance as to the integrity of the reporting process.
Learning Goal 2
Graduates will know how companies evaluate internal controls for the aggregation of financial information, and compare/contrast the impact of alternative business decisions on future company performance.
- Objective A: Explain the budgeting process and analyze business decisions related to the budgets prepared;
- Objective B: Apply concepts related to accounting system controls.