Richard J. Wehle School of Business
Applications will be processed when they are submitted, although an application cannot be reviewed for a final decision by the Admissions Committee until all materials are submitted. A complete application requires the following:
- Free Online Application including essay
- An official transcript from each college attended
- Current resume
- Official GMAT or GRE score* (learn more about our GMAT/GRE test prep courses)
- Optional - Work Experience and Letters of Recommendations
* Canisius College students securing a bachelor of science degree in the Richard J. Wehle School of Business with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better, within the last seven (7) years, are eligible for a waiver of the GMAT or GRE. The GMAT/GRE waiver policy applies only to the following programs: MBA Evening, MBA One Year, MBA in Professional Accounting, and MS in International Business.
Transcripts can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
All applicants are required to submit an official score from the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or an official GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) for the Graduate Business Programs sent directly to Canisius College.
Individuals who have obtained their CPA will be waived out of the GMAT for application into the Masters in Forensic Accounting.
Our GMAT test codes are:
Full Time Accelerated
If you have a completed master's degree, we will waive the GMAT/GRE requirement.
Are you ready for the GMAT?
Take our free online GMAT test and pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses.
The Admissions Committee considers your essay to be extremely important in the selection process. Please provide a brief essay stating, as specific as possible, your educational and career goals. Indicate what you plan to accomplish by enrolling in the graduate program at Canisius College.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation are optional. However, if you choose to submit them please select recommenders who are best suited to evaluate your potential for graduate study, and employment in business and management. It is advisable to have at least one professional recommendation completed by your employer or supervisor. Recommendations should be mailed directly to the Graduate Business office in a sealed envelope.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by the Admissions Office after a preliminary review of your applicant materials. For candidates unable to travel to Buffalo, alternative arrangements for a telephone interview are possible.
International Applicant Requirements
In addition to the requirements above, international applicants must submit:
- Official undergraduate transcripts with certified English translations.
- Proof of language testing with required scores (see table below
|TOEFL||79 IBT or 550 PBT|
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Completed Certification of Finance Form, along with any necessary bank statements or sponsor affidavits, to secure a student visa
- Download the Certification of Finances Form
- Individuals that have completed university coursework at an institution outside the United States (except Canadian Universities) must have their transcripts and degrees evaluated to be considered for admission.
The following organization is a private institution that will translate degrees and transcripts. There is a fee associated with evaluations.
Graduate Business Programs have a rolling admission policy with start dates varying by program. Below is a listing of program start dates:
- MBA-One Year: Fall start only.
- MBA-Evening: Starts in Summer, Fall, and Spring.
- MBA-Professional Accounting: Starts in Summer, Fall, and Spring.
- Master’s in International Business (online): Starts primarily in the Fall semester. Undergraduate business majors may also start in the Spring semester. There is no summer start.
- MS in Forensic Accounting: Starts primarily in the Fall semester. Spring starts are limited to part time students only. There is no summer start.
Please note that students from any undergraduate major may apply, as long as they have acquired at least a bachelor's degree. Also, students need not take any particular courses as a prerequisite.
Canisius admits students by comprehensive review. Past experience suggests that a high GPA or a strong GMAT correlates with greater success in the programs. However, the Admissions Committee invites applicants to use essays, optional letters of recommendation, or other pertinent background information to demonstrate academic potential beyond grades or test scores. Students gaining admission to evening MBA programs and the One-Year MBA program typically have GPAs averaging about 3.0, and GMAT scores averaging 500.
In limited circumstances, students with high GPAs may petition the director for provisional acceptance before taking the GMAT. Provisional acceptance lasts one semester only, during which the student must obtain a satisfactory GMAT score.
If you have any questions or are having difficulties with the application process please contact the Graduate Admissions Office toll free at 1-800-950-2505 or email: GradAdmissions@canisius.edu.