“Campus Ministry at Canisius College is missioned to empower our students, faculty, administrators, staff and alumni to engage the world in order to find and manifest God within our environment, society, communities and Church. We seek to help others discern their gifts and grow as leaders so as to become women and men with and for others. We do this in the spirit of Jesus and the Jesuit tradition and are committed to work toward justice with people of all backgrounds.”
SUNDAY MASS TIMES
August 30th: 11:30AM and 9:30 PM which is our annual Mass on the Grass in the Quad.
Starting September 6th: 11:30AM and 8:30PM
“Discover What You Believe!” Canisius invites you to go deeper and Campus Ministry helps you live that out! Explore your heart and the world in transformative ways with us, from ministering to the homeless in the streets of Buffalo to finding solidarity with the untouchable people of India, from encountering God while on retreat on the shores of Lake Erie to encountering your true calling in life through regular spiritual direction.
Canisius Campus Ministry is an empowering, pastoral and prophetic presence on campus and we seek to develop programs, activities and services that respond to the spiritual and religious needs of our students, faculty, staff and alumni. We are open to working with all people and we offer retreats, faith-sharing groups, a rich liturgical life, local service, justice initiatives, and domestic and international service-immersion programs that will challenge and inspire you. Here are some things you might do with our office:
- Make nutritious food and then walk through the streets of Buffalo at night passing them out to the homeless in our Burrito Project
- Wear your Kairos cross proudly around campus after participating in a weekend retreat
- Find out where God is leading you and your life by doing the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius.
- Work with newly-arrived refugees by teaching them English during our Alternative Spring Break
- Work with our Student Government to try to bring sweatshop-free clothing to campus as part of our Social Justice ministry
- Play drums at our 8:30pm mass each Sunday as part of our Contemporary Music Ensemble
- Learn about civil war, social justice and hope (and eat pupusas!) as you and travel through El Salvador in our International Service-Immersion Program
- Explore God at work in your everyday life as you talk about your “lights and shadows” together with your peers in weekly Christian Life Communities
- Find out about the many ways to do a year (or more) of post-graduate volunteer service
We look forward to exploring together with you!