CPLD Forms & Policies
CPLD FORMS & POLICIES
It takes a lot of planning and paperwork to host an event on campus. The Office of Campus Programming and Leadership Development (CPLD) is here to help.
Our step-by-step guide (below) walks you through the process, from beginning to end, to ensure a successful event for your club or organization. Follow it closely and be sure to complete and submit all the proper paperwork NO LATER THAN THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT.
The Club Officer Registration Form may be filled out and submitted online.
Attention Club Leaders: Please download and review the Club Handbook. Any questions can be directed to Brian Smith, Director of Leadership Development at 716-888-2190.
- Please review the Event Scheduling policy found online for information on how your event request will be processed once you submit the form to CPLD as well as other pertinent information related to holding events at Canisius College.
Event Request Form Important Information:
- Please complete and submit the via your organizations Collegiate Link page at least three (3) weeks prior to your event date to ensure proper planning and coordination for a successful event.
- You will receive a confirmation/notification within three (3) business days after your event request has been submitted.
Contracts for Speakers, Performers, and Presentations:
- All contracts and technical riders must be submitted, reviewed, and signed by the directors or assistant director of Campus Programming & Leadership Development prior to event approval. Students are not authorized to approve or sign contracts.
- For events that need special technical assistance or occur after operating hours, your club/organization will be responsible for any payment for additional staff that is needed to support the event.
- Chartwells Dining Services holds the catering contract for all events that take place in the Economou Dining Hall and Faculty Dining Room. This means that if you are holding an event in one of these spaces, any food and/or beverages for your event must be purchased from and provided by Chartwells. Click here to place a catering order, including an order for a grill.
Alcohol at an Event:
- If alcohol is served at your event, you are required to pay for Public Safety officers to be present at the event to check for proper ID. The office of Event Management will contact Public Safety to make arrangements on your behalf.
- Chartwells Dining Services will provide trained bartenders for any events on campus where alcohol will be served. The sponsoring organization will be billed for the bartenders as a part of the catering bill for the event.
- On occasion, Public Safety officers may be assigned to work your event. The sponsoring organization will be responsible for paying an hourly fee for this service.
- Events with the following factors may require the presence of Public Safety:
- If alcohol being served at the event
- The number of people attending the event
- The age group of those attending the event
- If the event involves a high profile speaker/entertainer
- If the event is open to the public
- All fundraisers sponsored by Canisius College student clubs, organizations, club sports, or varsity sports must submit a written proposal of the fund raiser to CPLD at the same time that you submit your event on Collegiate Link.
- Any varsity sport intending to hold a fundraiser must first seek approval by the director of athletics before submitting the proposal to CPLD.
- Proposals must be submitted to CPLD thirty (30) days prior to the fund raiser.
- The CPLD fundraiser form can be found online or in the CPLD office.
- To advertise in the Stall Street Journal or This Week @ Canisius, please fill out a submit an advertisement form no later than two weeks prior to your event. The CPLD Advertisement form can be found here or in the CPLD office.