Ignatius, Peter, and the German SJs
Introduction to watch the video and take the quiz.
- Click to download the Video Script
- Video Quiz
- More Information
- Reflection Question
1. What was Ignatius’ transformative realization at the River Cardoner?
- It was time to “hang up his sword.”
- God can be found in all things
- He would be the first Superior General of the Society of Jesus
*Reflection: In what likely and unlikely places, great and small, have I found God?
2. What is Ignatius Loyola remembered for?
- Authoring the Spiritual Exercises, a prayer guide to help people find God in their lives.
- Defeating the French artillery at the Battle of Pamplona.
- Graduating first in his class from the University of Paris.
*Reflection: What have I discovered about myself in relationship with God?
3. Why is St. Peter Canisius famous?
- He founded the Society of Jesus.
- He wrote the Catechism and established colleges and seminaries in Europe.
- He helped establish the Buffalo mission.
*Reflection: What is most valuable about my faith and the education I have received?
4.What did Pope Paul III ask Peter Canisius to do?
- Rekindle the faith of Catholics through teaching, preaching, and writing.
- To write A Life of Christ.
- To lend his name to the Golden Griffin Mascot at a college named for him in Buffalo, NY.
*Reflection: How am I the person of faith and reason that God intended me to be?
5. What church was Canisius College’s long-time next-door neighbor?
- St. Michael’s
- St. Ann’s
- St. Joseph’s Cathedral
St. Peter Canisius Feast Day: December 21
- Ignatian Spirituality 2
- This Ignatian Life
In what ways am I connected to my faith community?