Do You Ever Wonder Why People Think, Feel and Act as They Do?
Begin your career in psychology and its related disciplines with a foundation that only Canisius offers. We offer a strong academic program supplemented by personal attention and varied research opportunities in excellent scientific facilities. You will interact frequently with our faculty in and outside of the classroom, providing many occasions for personal guidance and collaborative research.
And your career opportunities will be varied and highly flexible in a myriad of areas including:
- Animal behavior & biopsychology
- Clinical/counseling, social & developmental psychology
- Industrial/organizational psychology
- Forensic psychology
- School psychology
- Sports psychology
Why Study Psychology at Canisius
- 97% of recent psychology graduates from Canisius are employed or are enrolled in graduate studies
- The psychology at Canisius is rigorous and flexible. Our graduates enter a wide variety of graduate school programs and professions, and our program reflects this array of opportunity.
- Our faculty members are top educators and researchers with out-of-classroom experiences. Students have singled out the accessibility and quality of the faculty as being one of the most compelling features of the Canisius Psychology Department.
- Internships lead to jobs and career opportunities, and, psychology students are placed in internships as early as freshmen year. Off-campus internships and research opportunities with faculty members provide students with hands-on experience to supplement their classroom learning.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor