Start Your Canisius Odyssey With Classics
Classics gives students an in depth look all aspects of the civilizations of ancient Greece and Rome and an appreciation of their fundamental influence on a range of cultures from antiquity to the present. In addition to what Classics does to you, it can also do much for you. Canisius Classic students have become:
- University faculty members in a number of disciplines
- University administrators
- High school teachers & administrators
- Priests & Pastors
- Editors & executives for various publishers & presses
- Scientists & Physicians
- Software designers
- Lawyers & judges
- Business executives & bankers
Why Study Classics at Canisius
- The acceptance rate of classics students into a variety of graduate programs and into schools of law and medicine consistently ranks very high. Many professions prize the combination of intelligence and discipline identified with Classics.
- In 2012, the national average GRE verbal score of Classics students ranked #1.
- According to the Association of American Medical Colleges, students who major or double-major in Classics have a better success rate getting into medical school than do students who concentrate solely in biology, microbiology, and other branches of science (Princeton Review).
According to Harvard Magazine, Classics majors have the highest success rates of any majors in law school (Princeton Review). In a recent study of LSAT scores, Classics majors averaged 159.5, the third highest score among majors which had at least 75 people take the test.
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor.