Start Your Journey in the World with a Classics Degree
Having a Classics degree gives students an in depth look into ancient civilizations that includes Greek and Latin history, philosophy, archaeology, epigraphy, papyrology, numismatics, palaeography, cultural and gender studies. A degree in the Classics provides students with a strong foundation for a variety of careers, including:
- University administrators
- High school teachers and administrators
- Editors and executives in prestigious publishing houses
- Software designers
- Lawyers and judges
Why Study Classics at Canisius
- The acceptance rate of classics students into a variety of graduate programs and into schools of law and medicine consistently ranks very high. Many professions prize the combination of intelligence and discipline identified with classics.
- Classics students generally achieve very high scores on GRE, MEDCAT, and LSAT exams. Medical school applicants report that this minor impresses interviewers.
- 100% of Canisius students who want career-related internships get them. Here are some of the organizations Classics students have held internships:
- US Department of Homeland Security
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- Just Buffalo Literary Center
- Palladian Health, LLC
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Lawley Benefits Group
Want more information?
Call 1-800-843-1517 to talk to an admissions counselor