Learning Goals & Objectives
Learning Goal 1
Students will develop a capacity for thinking critically about leadership behaviors and understanding how leadership theories relate to life.
- Objective A: Demonstrate knowledge of classical and contemporary theories of leadership and demonstrate the application of these theories to everyday life;
- Objective B: Understand and evaluate their personal strengths and challenges as leaders in everyday life;
Learning Goal 2
Students will enhance their understanding of the communication process and be able to construct effective messages.
- Objective A: Demonstrate communication competency in written format;
- Objective B: Demonstrate communication competency in oral format;
- Objective C: Demonstrate an understanding of communication theory;
- Objective D: Connect communication theory to everyday practice.
Learning Goal 3
Students will develop enhanced critical thinking skills.
- Objective A: Synthesize a body of knowledge in the communication field and illustrate an understanding of that body of knowledge;
- Objective B: Design a new area of inquiry based on a body of communication research;
- Objective C: Analyze communication research; make inferences about the analysis using supporting evidence;
- Objective D: Apply knowledge by judging the value of the information.