Learning Goals & Objectives
These learning goals and objectives apply to all Communication Studies majors.
Student Learning Goal 1:
Majors will be critical thinkers who will apply communication theories and concepts in life situations.
- Objective 1: Students will demonstrate advanced skills in analyzing research
- Objective 2: Students will apply targeted communication theories and constructs to specific projects or situations
Student Learning Goal 2:
Communication Studies majors will design and deliver effective messages.
- Objective 1: Students will demonstrate an understanding of the intended audience
- Objective 2: Students will determine appropriate means of communication to reach that audience.
- Objective 3: Students will demonstrate an ability to design and deliver messages.