Digital Media Arts
Learn Outside the Classroom
Community-Based Learning Opportunities
Through the Canisius College Video Institute, you will be able to create video projects for various non-profit and human services agencies in the Buffalo area. You will not only get a great project for your portfolio, but will also have the chance to learn more about how local agencies serve various people in the area. Past organizations have included:
- Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo
- Canine Helpers for the Handicapped
- Catholic Charities
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hispanics United of Buffalo
- Western New York Peace Center
- The Central Terminal Restoration Corporation
- Upstate New York Transplant Services
Many of these projects have been recognized for excellence through the Public Relations Society of America Buffalo Niagara Chapter, The Communicator Awards and The Telly Awards.
DMA students are encouraged to participate in at least one internship within their area of interest. Internships are available to juniors and seniors, and are seen as a culminating opportunity to apply the theory and skills developed in the classroom, in a real-world setting.
Some examples of companies where Canisius students have interned are:
- Snyacor Inc.
- Moog Inc.
- Moore Wallace
- Chameleon Communications
- Eastco Multimedia Solutions
- Buffalo Science Museum
- Daily Post
- Buffalo Spree magazine
- Traffic East magazine
- The Martin Group
- Travers Collins & Company
- Computers for Children Inc.
Post Graduate Work
Many of our graduates find success upon graduation with an undergraduate degree. Positions normally include:
- Digital graphic designers
- Digital video producers
- Interactive multimedia content creators and designers
- Website content creators and designers
- Writers for digital media
- Web researchers
- Web advertising and promotions specialists