Learning Goals & Objectives
Learning Goal 1
Students will develop competency with respect to knowledge having a firm grasp of the basic concepts in environmental science.
- Objective A: Demonstrate an understanding of general environmental concepts from ecology, geology, hydrology, and analytical chemistry;
- Objective B: Demonstrate detailed knowledge within at least two areas of environmental science;
- Objective C: Connect previously learned material with real-life environmental situations.
Learning Goal 2
Students will develop problem-solving skills being able to perform the following.
- Objective A: Read and interpret data;
- Objective B: Design an experiment to address a specific hypothesis;
- Objective C: Critically analyze an article from the original scientific literature or a professional report.
Learning Goal 3
Students will demonstrate mastery with respect to technical skills.
- Objective A: Effectively communicate scientific material in written form;
- Objective B: Draw a graph;
- Objective C: Design a table.