Adolescence Education Admissions Requirements
- Free online application The application includes a 300 word essay.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Additionally, Canadian applicants should provide unofficial high school transcripts if you have OAC/grade 13 credits. OAC/grade 13 courses may count toward prerequisites in your program of study.
View the Prerequisites required prior to applying for certification:
- Prerequisites may be completed concurrently with program coursework but should be complete prior to student teaching.
- Prerequisites may be also be satisfied by successfully completing a test. CLEP tests are available in US History 1, US History 2, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, American Government, Sociology, Economics (micro or macro), and History and Social Science. View the Credit-by-Exam.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- A transcript evaluation (1 official copy) from a service such as World Education Services (WES) which converts your degree into U.S. equivalents
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis, with the exception of Anthrozoology and College Student Personnel
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.