Childhood Education Admission Requirements
- Free Online Application The application includes a 300 word essay.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Please Note that applicants for the Fall 2015 semester and beyond will be required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA and submit GRE or MAT test scores. More information about the GRE can be found here www.gre.org and the MAT can be found here www.milleranalogies.com. Applicants who have a below a 3.0 GPA but between 2.7-2.99 will be subject to additional admission review.
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Canadian applicants should provide unofficial high school transcripts if you have OAC/grade 13 credits. OAC/grade 13 courses may count toward prerequisites in your program of study.
Prerequisites: Candidates must provide evidence of successful completion of 3 credit hours (a half year/one semester course) of college/university level credit in: English, mathematics, science, social studies and a foreign language. Prerequisites may be completed concurrently but should be complete prior to student teaching.
Note: Start dates for this program are spring (January) and Fall (August).
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
|TOEFL||79 IBT or 550 PBT|
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.