Master of Science Deaf Education
- Completion of the Canisius College on-line application
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum 2.9 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Submission of one (1) official undergraduate transcripts from the degree granting institution. Provide additional transcripts if needed to document prerequisites.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Letter of Intent: submit a maximum 250-word typed essay describing how this program ties into your professional goals. Explain your prior experience and interest in deafness, deaf people, and/or teaching in deaf education area. In your essay, describe in detail your experience with ASL, a Signed English System, or Cued Speech.
- Personal interview with the program director.
A completed application on file by May 1 is encouraged in order for applicants to be admitted for the fall semester of the year they desire to begin classes. Those applicants without prior teacher certification courses may choose to take the necessary additional certification coursework in summer sessions or during the fall or spring semesters.