Deaf Education Admission Requirements
- Free online application The application includes a Letter of Intent: maximum 250-word typed essay describing how this program ties into your professional goals. Explain your prior experience and interest in deafness, deaf people, and/or teaching in deaf education area. In your essay, describe in detail your experience with ASL, a Signed English System, or Cued Speech. This can be submitted in the essay section.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Evidence of current or pending teaching certification.
- Applicants in need of initial teaching certification. Please Note that applicants for the Fall 2015 semester and beyond will be required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA and submit GRE or MAT test scores. More information about the GRE can be found here www.gre.org and the MAT can be found here www.milleranalogies.com.
- Personal interview with the program director.
A completed application should be submitted as soon as possible in order for applicants to be admitted for the fall semester of the year they desire to begin classes. Those applicants without prior teacher certification courses may choose to take the necessary additional certification coursework in summer sessions or during the fall or spring semesters.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545