Online Master's in
& Emerging Media
Inspiring teachers to use technology in inspiring ways.
Make Yourself More Marketable with a Degree in Education Technologies and Emerging Media
The Education Technologies and Emerging Media programs are innovative and fully online. The master's degree program is designed to prepare classroom teachers for New York State (NYS) certification as an Educational Technology Specialist (grades K-12). A degree option is also available for students not interested in NYS certification.
These programs are designed to teach students how to use technology in the classroom in a purposeful way to enrich and enhance learning and motivate their students.
Canisius offers two graduate degree and one certificate option for students interested in pursuing their studies in Education Technologies:
- Master’s Degree in Education Technologies - leads to NYS certification as an Educational Technology Specialist. Focuses on the purposeful use of technology for teaching and learning. A major emphasis is on the application of technologies for content literacy. Students are given the opportunity to apply major projects and papers to their current work or desired professional goals.
- Master’s Degree in Education Technologies - not leading to NYS certification. Designed for those who will deliver online courses and programs both within a formal educational setting and in training environments outside of education. Students are given the opportunity to apply major projects and papers to their current work or desired professional goals.
- Education Technologies Advanced Certificate - not leading to NYS certification. Enhances the instructional strategies of instructors in higher education, primary and secondary school teachers, and trainers outside of education. The four courses required may be completed in as little as 16 weeks.
- Flexible schedule and online delivery with two cohorts starting during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by NCATE.
- Small class sections taught by Canisius professors.
- Coursework may be completed entirely online.
- Practicum requirements for NYS certification may be completed in your local area at an approved site.
- There is no residency requirement on our Buffalo, NY campus.
- 33 credit master's degree program meets requirements for New York State professional certification.
- Eight week terms allow you to complete the program in as little as 15 months.
Contact us today to learn more about our graduate programs.