& Emerging Media
Education Technologies and Emerging Media Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to Canisius College's Education Technologies and Emerging Media programs, candidates are required to submit the following items:
- A completed graduate application.
- One official college/university transcript showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum grade point average of 2.7.
- Evidence of teaching certification complete or in progress is required if seeking New York State certification.
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation.
International applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply to the program. Applicants who are citizens of non-English speaking countries are required to provide:
- Proof of English proficiency. The most common means is submission of an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. A minimum score of at least 80 on the Internet-based exam is required. An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score is accepted. A minimum score of at least 6.5 is required for the IELTS. A Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) score is accepted. A minimum score of 70 is required for the CAEL.
- A transcript evaluation (1 official copy) from a service such as World Education Services (WES) which converts your degree into U.S. equivalents (i.e. degree equivalent, grades, course credits, etc.). We may also accept the evaluation from other organizations providing this service.
The mailing address for all admission materials is listed below. We recommend collecting all materials and sending to us in one package.
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208