To be considered for admission to the Canisius Educational Leadership and Supervision program, candidates must submit the following items:
- A completed Canisius graduate admissions application. You can apply on-line here.
- Submission of one (1) official transcripts of an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of a Verification of Teaching/Pupil Personnel Experience Form (PDF) or NYS Professional Certification which requires three (3) years of successful full-time teaching and/or pupil personnel service experience in Pre K-12 schools
- Submission of three (3) Recommendation Forms (PDF) or letters of recommendation from professional educators, one of whom must be a certified school administrator familiar with the applicants work as a professional educator
- Submission of a writing sample describing at least three reasons why you wish to pursue a career in Educational Leadership. The writing sample may be submitted in response to the essay section of the graduate application.
Applicants may be required to conduct an interview with the program director or his/her designee.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis as they are received for each of our start terms. Although most programs do not have deadlines, we recommend submitting all application materials at least 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin. Earlier application is encouraged and will ensure the best scheduling options since some course sections may become unavailable.
When possible, we recommend collecting all materials and sending to us in one package, e.g., transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
Graduate Admissions, Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208