Graduate Literacy Education
MS in Literacy Education Admission Requirements
Canisius College has established the following criteria for entrance into the Literacy program:
- Completion of a Graduate Admissions Application
- Submission of one (1) official undergraduate transcript showing completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum 2.7 cumulative grade point average
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation
- Evidence of teaching certification, if applicable (not required for initial certification candidates in the on-campus program)
- Candidates seeking initial certification in the on-campus program should provide additional transcripts as needed to document prerequisites for the area of certification.
Applications for candidates with less than a 2.7 cumulative undergraduate GPA will be reviewed by the program director for an admissions decision and may include additional requirements (e.g., personal interview, GRE, etc.).