Master's of Science
Special Education Admission Requirements
- Free Online Application The application includes a 300 word essay.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript. Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process.
- Initial Childhood/Special Ed and Adolescence/Special Ed applicants for the Fall 2015 semester and beyond will be required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA and submit GRE or MAT test scores. Test scores must be in the top 50th percentile for admission. Applicants who have a below a 3.0 GPA but between 2.7-2.99 will be subject to additional admission review.
- Applicants who already have initial certification in Childhood, Adolescence or Special Education, and have a 3.0 gpa, do not have to take the GRE or MAT. Applicants who have a below a 3.0 GPA but between 2.7-2.99 will be subject to additional admission review.
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Evidence of teacher certification, if applicable (not required for those seeking initial teacher certification along with special education certification).
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
|TOEFL||79 IBT or 550 PBT|
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.