Specialize Your Education with an Online TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) Degree
The TESOL program is innovative and fully online, designed to prepare classroom teachers for New York State certification as a TESOL specialist (grades K – 12).
Students may choose the master’s degree or the advanced certificate. Candidates completing either program may also meet requirements for the Bilingual Education Extension.
A tremendous need exists for skilled teachers in the areas of Bilingual Education and TESOL. Acquiring this in-demand skill set helps teachers attain and retain quality positions in a competitive job market.
- Flexible schedule and online delivery with three start points during the year
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by NCATE
- Small class sections are taught by Canisius professors
- Complete your practicum anywhere in the U.S. or internationally
- Master’s degree program meets requirements for NYS professional certification and initial certification as a TESOL specialist
- Advanced certificate program can be completed in as little as one year
Contact an admissions counselor today to learn more about the graduate programs at Canisius College.