Online Master's in TESOL
Dominic Ballachino, MS '13
Special Education Consultant Teacher at Tapestry Charter School
Specialize Your Education with an Online TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) Degree
The TESOL program is innovative and fully online, designed to prepare classroom teachers for New York State certification as a TESOL specialist (grades K – 12).
Canisius offers two graduate degrees and two certificate option:
Master's Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-leads to NYS certification
Master's Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-not leading to NYS certification
Advanced Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Advanced Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - not leading to NYS Certification
Candidates completing either Master's or Advanced Certification program for NYS certification may also meet requirements for the Bilingual Education Extension.
A tremendous need exists for skilled teachers in the areas of Bilingual Education and TESOL. Acquiring this in-demand skill set helps teachers attain and retain quality positions in a competitive job market.
- Flexible schedule and online delivery with three start points during the year.
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by CAEP.
- Small class sections are taught by Canisius professors.
- Complete your practicum anywhere in the U.S. or internationally
- Master’s degree program meets requirements for NYS professional certification and initial certification as a TESOL specialist.
- Advanced certificate program can be completed in as little as one year.
TESOL English Language Bulletin
Fusing Language Acquisition with Approaches to Teaching Music
By: Beth Crumpler