Online Master's in TESOL
Dominic Ballachino, MS '13
Special Education Consultant Teacher at Tapestry Charter School
Specialize Your Education with an Online TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) Degree
The TESOL program is innovative and fully online, designed to prepare classroom teachers for New York State certification as a TESOL specialist (grades K – 12).
Students may choose the master’s degree or the advanced certificate. Candidates completing either program may also meet requirements for the Bilingual Education Extension.
A tremendous need exists for skilled teachers in the areas of Bilingual Education and TESOL. Acquiring this in-demand skill set helps teachers attain and retain quality positions in a competitive job market.
- Flexible schedule and online delivery with three start points during the year.
- The School of Education and Human Services is nationally accredited by CAEP.
- Small class sections are taught by Canisius professors.
- Complete your practicum anywhere in the U.S. or internationally
- Master’s degree program meets requirements for NYS professional certification and initial certification as a TESOL specialist.
- Advanced certificate program can be completed in as little as one year.
TESOL English Language Bulletin
Graduate Online TESOL/Bilingual Education adjunct professor Beth A. Crumpler is a regular contributor to the TESOL English Language Bulletin. Her recent contribution is on ESL Teacher Electracy.
"Electracy (computer literacy) provides an inquiry environment for teaching and learning. It also provides a format for students to engage in multimodal learning, hands-on learning, investigation and self-reflection. Electracy provides a means for students to become multimodal active learngers rather than flat passive learners."
Contact us today to learn more about our graduate programs.