Theresa Ansbrow, current student
5-8 Spanish Teacher at Tapestry Charter School
TESOL Admissions Requirements
- Free online application The application includes a 300 word essay.
- Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript.Unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process. Applicants for the Fall 2016 semester and beyond will be expected to have a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants with less than a 3.0 undergraduate GPA will undergo additional review.
- Test Scores. All applicants will be required to submit Graduate Records Examination (GRE), Millers Analogies Test (MAT), OR Academic Literacy Skills Test (ALST), test scores. More information about the GRE can be found here www.gre.org, the MAT can be found here www.milleranalogies.com, and ALST can be found here www.nystce.nesinc.com
- For the Master's Degree: Official Bachelor's Degree Transcript
- For the Advanced Certificate: Official Master's Degree Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters can be personal, professional or academic references.
- Evidence of teaching certification complete or in progress.
- Evidence of 12 credit hours of college/university level credit in a language other than English (not required for the non-certification TESOL MS program only. )
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
|TOEFL||79 IBT or 550 PBT|
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis
- We recommend submitting all application materials 30 days prior to the start date for the term you wish to begin.
- Earlier application is encouraged for international students, including Canadians, in order to complete VISA requirements necessary prior to enrollment.
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.